Early Morning Yoga at Heartspace Unlimited for $60/month. Start your day off right and come join us at either Troy or Albany for our 6:45 - 7:45AM classes during the week. In Albany and Troy, we offer classes Monday, Tuesday (Pilates in Albany), and Thursday. Now, Wednesday morning meditation at 7AM. Click here to purchase your one month morning unlimited pass for $60. Good for 30 days from the first class taken. No multi-month commitment required.
Take Yoga with Your Teens and Tweens When you attend one of our 4:30PM weekday classes at either Albany or Troy, your teen or tween can attend class with you for only $8. Enjoy the practice and benefits of yoga with your kids. We have 4:30PM classes now five days a week at both of our studios.
JUST ANNOUNCED! Restorative Yoga and Massage Healing Therapy with Diane Simpson and Jeanne Korn. Saturday March 4th, 2-4PM, Troy Studio. This will be an incredible event combining the healing power of gentle and restorative yoga with the therapeutic touch of massage. Join instructors Diane Simpson RYT, LMT and Jeanne Korn, RYT, LMT for this very special healing session that will offer gentle and restorative yoga, guided meditation, and nourishing touch therapy and massage to support good health, a calm and clear mind, and restored energy. Diane and Jeanne are experienced and talented yoga instructors and massage therapists and they will provide nurturing touch and send you home with valuable self-care tools. No experience needed, everyone is welcome. $40. Click here to sign up.
Restore and Recharge your Batteries: Monthly Restorative Class in Albany. Sunday February 26, 2-3:30PM with Rosy Mulligan. Regular drop in rates apply but space is limited so please register in advance.
Yoga for Better Sleep. Saturday February 18, 2-4PM. Instructor Meghan Hogan. Troy Studio. In this workshop for better sleep, principles of ayurveda and practices of yoga are paired with supported self study. Practice poses and pranayama (breathing exercises) that facilitate sleep and learn how to respond if you wake during the night. Enjoy guided meditation and relaxation in a supportive restorative posture. Leave the workshop refreshed and ready to rehabilitate your relationship with sleep. Click here to sign up. Cost $30
Partner Yoga Workshop. Saturday February 25, 2-4PM. Troy Studio. Instructor Diane Simpson. Come with your yoga buddy, friend, mate, and move through a series of partner assists that will strengthen and open your standing poses, backbends, twists and forward bends. You may laugh, cry, and have a lot of fun! Cost for this is $40 to preregister two partners ( only one person has to sign up).
Yoga as Medicine Workshops with Samara Anderson. Dates listed below. Upcoming Feb 25. Saturdays, Albany Studio. 2-4PM. This upcoming series will focus on the various mindful tools that can tap into the body’s own medicine cabinet to heal both the body and the mind through awareness. Each workshop is focused on mindful tools students can use to heal specific parts of their body through Pranayama, Breath Awareness, Deep Breathing, combined with Focused Attention on specific parts of the body during the Yoga practice. The Yoga practice will spend the first half of the workshop warming up the body through Vinyasa Yoga (moving with your breath) so that we can use the second half of the workshop to create space and healing in Yin, Therapeutic and Restorative Yoga poses, which are longer holds where both the muscle and the fascia are released and made more spacious.
Click here to learn more about Samara or to register. 2017 Winter - Spring - Summer classes are as follows:
- February 25, 2017, 2-4 pm, Yoga as Medicine – Front Body (tops of feet/shins/quads/core/chest).
- March 18, 2017, 2-4 pm, Yoga as Medicine – Back Body (bottoms of feet/calves/hamstrings/glutes/back)
- April 22, 2017, 2-4, Yoga as Medicine – Side Body (stabilizer muscles along the entire length of the sides of the body)
- May 20, 2017, 2-4, Yoga as Medicine – Hip Complex (inner hips/outer hips/adductors/abductors)
- June 24, 2017, 2-4, Yoga as Medicine – Shoulder Complex (strengthen, stabilize and create spaciousness in the front/back/sides of the complex shoulder joint)
Cost is $25 for an individual class to preregister and $30 the day of the event.
Master Classes with Lauren Toolin. Backbends: Accessing the Light of the Heart. Saturday, March 4th, 9-11AM. Albany Studio. Cost $25. Space is limited for these workshops so be sure to register in advance
Prenatal and Post-Natal Yoga with Rosy Mulligan
- Prenatal Partner Yoga and Massage Workshop. Instructor Rosy Mulligan. Sunday February 26, 11AM - 1PM. Albany Studio. Yoga is an excellent way to prepare the mind, body and spirit for the many transitions of pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood. In this fun and hands-on workshop, partners will be building their tool kit for supporting their partner during the birthing journey. Partners will learn techniques for breath awareness, partner poses, acupressure and massage, which can help strengthen and relax the laboring woman's body during pregnancy and labor. $50 per couple
- Prenatal Yoga Six-Week Series. Instructor Rosy Mulligan. Six-week Series, Sundays 11AM - 12:15PM, March 5, 2017 - April 9, 2017. Albany studio. This prenatal yoga series is designed to nurture the foundation of a life-long bond between mother and baby. Instruction will mindfully support the preparation of the mother's body for birth, while providing essential skills for relaxation. $75 to preregister for the series.
- Baby and Mom Post Natal Yoga with Instructor Rosy Mulligan. Four week series. Sundays 12:30 - 1:30PM. March 19 - April 9. Albany Studio. For mothers and babies six weeks old up to six months approximately, about when your baby is ready to seriously crawl and move around. Breathe, stretch, make friends, have fun and connect with your baby. Also a great gentle post-natal class for mom. Recommended minimum 8 weeks out from birth for mothers healing from c-section. $50 to preregister and see listings for upcoming series with Rosy.
Yoga 12 Step Recovery Community Class, Friday March 10, 6:30PM, by donation. Albany Studio. Instructors Cat Lynch and Diane Simpson. This donation class integrates the wisdom of yoga and the practical tools of 12 step recovery programs. The practice includes a 45 minute 12-Step based meeting followed by a 45 minute recovery-themed gentle yoga class. People who are dealing with all types of addictive patterns are welcome, as well as those affected by the addictive patterns of others in their lives. You do not need to be a part of a 12 step program to participate. Sign up.
Yoga for Brand New Beginners. Six week series, Saturdays 11:45AM - 1PM. March 11 - April 15. Instructor Rebecca Volpe. For more information or to register, click here. $75 for the series.
Family Yoga. Saturday March 11, 3:30PM. Instructor Toni Smith. Troy Studio. Community Class, by donation. Kids, parents and guardians, laughter, breathing, stretching, tuning in and having fun. Sign up here for free. Every second Saturday of the month in Troy.
Gong Bath in Troy. Saturday April 1, 4- 5:15pm Troy Studio. Restore and renew and you let the sounds and resonance of the gongs envelop you. Practice asana, meditate, lay down and rest, sleep, whatever makes sense during the time. No experience required. Led by Jim and Nick Pavoldi of the Gong Lab and Diane Simpson offering chakra bowl vibrations. Click here to sign up for this or upcoming dates in 2017; $20. Remaining dates for 2017: June 3, Aug 5, Oct 7, Dec 2.