Yoga Therapy for Stress Management and Relief from Anxiety and Depression. 8-Week Series with Bruce Viveka McEwen, PhD, RYT500, ERYT200. Sundays at 3:30 – 5:00 PM. Sept 21- Nov 9, 2014. This Series will be held at our Troy studio. Cost: $80 for the 8-week series. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to preregister. The series agenda is below.
- Sept 21: Introduction and grounding asana sequence
- Sept 28: Breath awareness and mindfulness meditation.
- Oct 5: Asanas and mindfulness for stress management
- Oct 12: Energizing asana sequence
- Oct 19: Asana, pranayama, and mindfulness for relief from anxiety.
- Oct 26: Finding sense of self through mantra meditation
- Nov 2: Meditation and asana for relief from depression
- Nov 9: Yoga Nidra and the healing power of Love
Free Outdoor Classes in Troy. Sundays 9-10 AM, Riverfront Park, Troy. These events have been so much fun this summer with a great crowd coming out to practice together. We're very honored to work with the Troy Downtown Business Improvement District to bring you this series. Bring a mat or towel... maybe sunblock too. In case of rain, come over to our studio at 10 Second Street. Instructor Martha Moscowitz on 8/17.
Baby and Me Classes: Begins Tuesday August 12th, 11am-12pm in Albany. Our prenatal classes have been a great hit and now we're starting to have a few graduates of the program. As such, we're bringing back Baby and Me Yoga with instructor Megan Affonso. For parents and babies six weeks old up to crawling age; also a great post-natal class for moms. Breathe, stretch, have fun, make friends, and connect with your baby. $12 drop in. Class size capped at 15. We plan to start a new class for "big" kids in the fall once these little ones start moving around.
Kirtan with Ajeet Kaur, Saturday October 4. 7 - 9 PM. Troy Studio.
Ajeet Kaur's recordings, concerts, and workshops are an offering of her own devotion and her desire to share healing with everyone. Her first album, Sacred Waters, has reached many hearts, and her second album, At The Temple Door, featuring Todd Boston, Snatam Kaur, and Sukhmani Kaur Rayat was just released in June 2014. Ajeet has also been featured on Snatam Kaur and Gurunam Singh's albums. Cost: $15 to preregister. $20 the day of the event. Click here to preregister.
Troy Summer Massage, Yoga and Music Special: Come to Troy this summer and enjoy our yoga, massage and music package. 1 hour massage; 4 drop-in yoga classes, and Water Music CD by Elizabeth Woodbury Kasius. Cost $100, over 30% savings. Click here for more information or to purchase.
Introductory Offer: Your first class at Heartspace Albany and at Troy are only $6 each. Come enjoy a class at either or both of our studios for $6 per class. Click here to view our schedules for both studios and click here to purchase your $6 class passes for Troy and Albany. This offer can only be used one time per client, per studio. Existing clients to Heartspace can also take advantage of this offer.
New Drop-In, Multi-Class and Monthly Pass Pricing Effective June 1:
- Drop-In Pricing: 75/90 Minute Class $16. Student and Senior (62+) $12
- Multi-Class Passes: 5 Classes $70 (Student and Senior $50); 10 Classes $125; 20 Classes $225. (Good for six months, transferable)
- Monthly Passes: 4 Classes $48; 6 Classes $60; (not transferable)
- Unlimited Passes: Single Month $140; Unlimited with Three Month Commitment $110. (not transferable)
- 1-Hour Classes Drop-in Price $12
Prenatal Yoga classes are ongoing in Troy and Albany. Helping to foster the sacred connection between mother and baby, instructor Megan Affonso leads ongoing drop-in classes beginning Tuesday May 6 in Troy, 4:30 - 5:45 PM and Thursday May 8 in Albany, 5:30 - 6:45 PM. Use a class card of your choice or $15 for drop in. Email us at email@example.com for more information.
Yoga Teacher Training at Heartspace
Lauren Toolin E-RYT has been training and mentoring teachers at Heartspace since 2007.
- 200-Hour YTT: Whether you are interested in instructing or informing the foundations of your own practice, this training will provide you the knowledge you need. Based upon the ancient and classical teachings of Yoga, yet made applicable to the modern day, this program will enrich your knowledge of Yoga philosophy, lifestyle, practices, and teaching methodologies. Cultivate your personal Yogic journey and your ability to guide others through your teaching.
- 300-Hour Advanced Training: For experienced practitioners and certified teachers, this multi-module life changer is an in-depth and personal journey into more intricate, esoteric, and therapeutic philsophies and applications. Next module: advanced teaching skills. July 19-20 and August 2-3.
- Specialized Trainings: Yoga for Young Ones Weekend Immersion and Training, July 26-27. A unique creative movement program for children. Albany studio.
Click here to learn more about these programs, read testimonials, dates and registration information.